Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crackled Frame Art



My latest craft store find was a dollar unfinished wooden heart frame. I knew I wanted to use the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt pieces for this project so I chose colors to coordinate.

First I painted the frame with a wine colored acrylic paint. Then coated the top with white crackle paint. I purposely put it on light in some areas and heavy in others. In thin areas the paint dries in fine crackles; in thicker areas the crackles are larger. I used my heat gun to speed up the process.

Once the paint was dry I sponged three colors of ink on the crackled surface starting with the lightest color first - Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and Chocolate Chip.

I traced the heart opening on Designer Series Paper from the Sweet Pea stack, cut it out and in inserted it in the frame.

The letters were inked with Pretty in Pink and then lightly sponged with Chocolate Chip to give them a slightly distressed look.

The bird and butterflies were punched from Sweet Pea paper and the felt pieces were the final accent.

Supplies: Paper - Whisper White, Sweet Pea Designer Series Pack. Ink - Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip. Stamps - Lovely Letters. Accessories - Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, 2-Step Bird punch, 1" square punch, Beautiful Butterflies embosslet.

No comments:

Post a Comment