Thursday, April 22, 2010

Inspired By Nature Gift Set

Blog Candy!!!   Leave a comment on any of the posts starting with yesterday and you will be entered in a random drawing for 2 FREE PASSES to the HEY BIG SHOT!  session of USTAMP.  You may comment once on each post between now and April 29.  See THIS POST for all the details.
One of my favorite things to design is personalized gift sets.  I like to start with an item or two and build the set around that theme.  Two $1 notepads were the inspiration for this ensemble.  The set includes four cards in a magazine-style holder, a note pad, a covered "To do" list pad, a two drawer matchbox chest with decorated paper clips and Hershey nuggets, matching RSVP pen and a gift enclosure card.
The colors of the "To do" pad match Basic Gray, Basic Black, Dusty Durango, and Pumpkin Pie.  Those are not colors I would have thought to put together but the more I worked with them the more I liked the combination. Here you can see the notepad that inspired my color scheme.
I made a simple cover using Basic Gray cardstock.  To decorate the cover I used one of the pieces of notepaper from the other pad, added a monogram and used a portion of the Inspired by Nature stamp.
I thought this second notepad had a very interesting design.  The papers are attached in a spiral.
  All I did to this was cover a coaster with Pumpkin Pie DSP to make a solid base.














For the cards I used markers to ink up the stamp and blended the colors with a sponge
and made a box from the Pumpkin Pie DSP.

















The little matchbox chest of drawers has 4 large paper clips decorated with 5 petal punched pieces and 4 covered chocolates.
I used cut up portions of the larger stamp design plus tags cut with the Matchbox die to decorate the gift enclosure card and gift bag.




11 comments:

  1. another awesome set! Love the colors. I love making gifts, too. This is just perfect.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great set! Very nice color combo and stamp choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the DSP. What a great gift set

    ReplyDelete
  4. This caught my attention right away! Love this gift collection! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set you created is wonderful. I love the color. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty these are BEAUTIFUL! Nice job!!! So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure how I missed this when you posted it but I love it. What a great gift set. The colours and stamp sets all work together so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for the new class to start with ideas using the Big Shot!! I love your personalized projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those designs are eye catchers! I love very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! gift set for stoner

    ReplyDelete