I hope you enjoyed the New Catalog Blog Hop over the weekend. How many new sets are on your wishlist now?
The Sunflower background stamp was my choice for the hop. You can scroll down to yesterdays post or click HERE to see all the projects. Today I have the tutorial for making this summery card.
The glass is made of Stampin' Up cardstock weight vellum. After the pieces were cut I stamped the front section with White Craft ink and heat embossed with White embossing powder.
To make the glass:
1. Use Petite Pocket die to cut vellum. I used the regular cutting pads without the crease pad as I did not want the score marks to show.
2. Cut apart as shown.
3. On glass front, measure in 1/4" on each side and draw a line to the top corners as shown. Stamp and emboss this portion.
4. Lay glass back portion on the table. Flip the glass front upside down and trace the edge to make the curve for the back of the glass.
5. Measure in 3/4" from each side and draw lines to corners as shown. Trim the upper portion away.
6. On both front and back, fold on lines. Trim some of the flap away leaving enough room to adhere with a line of sticky strip. Adhere front to back.
I hope you enjoy trying this method. If you do I would love to see what you make!