Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Smart Little Peacock

This smart little peacock has a sweet surprise.
Her tail feathers are candy Smarties covered with Designer Series Paper!  

After making my Blossom Box Peacock (which you can see HERE),  I had an idea for this fun variation.  I just needed to get to the grocery store to see if they had any Smarties.  Sure enough there was a big bin of Easter candy that had exactly what I was looking for.  And since they were wrapped in purple I had an easy choice for the color scheme.  The stripes on the paper (from the Cheerful Treat paper pack) help create the pattern of her tail.  (Except I now see that I have one of the pink ones backwards!  I thought I had them all lined up too.)

Here are her instructions:
1. Cut ten 2"x 2-1/2" pieces of DSP.  If you are using striped paper, the stripes should be parallel to the longer side.
2.  Apply sticky strip to the long edges.
 3.  Roll the Smartie to cover it.
4.  Cut a 5" X 5" square from both card stock and Sticky Pages adhesive.
5.  Peel off one side of the adhesive and stick it to the cardstock.  Die cut it with the Scallop Circle Big Shot die.  Peel off the remaining layer to expose the sticky surface.
6.  Arrange the Smarties.
7.  Die cut the body from the Elegant Bird die.  Trim the bottom.  Add eyes and a beak.

I folded back the sticky section at the bottom and adhered it to another Scallop Circle.

2 comments:

  1. This is stinkin' cute!!! I have to make one of these for myself, thanks for the directions!!

    I will be featuring this cutie on My Crafty Picks #54 with a link back to your blog on 2-26-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! I am delighted!!! I appreciate all the time you to take to do this and enjoy seeing the projects you feature on your blog.

      Delete