Friday, June 15, 2012

Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog Hop

The 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! catalog is here and Stampin' Addict demo members are anxious to share a selection some of the wonderful new stamp sets in this weekend's blog hop.   You are in for a treat so grab a cup of coffee, get comfy and enjoy!

I chose to work with the Clockworks stamp set.  It has clock parts, gears and some great grunge elements that I thought would be perfect of a collage style card.
  
I started with the main clock image in the center and built the design from the center out.  Once I had the larger images in place I added the smaller gears and some tiny images such as the keys, postage stamp and heart from a second new set called Lovely Little Labels.   Next I sponged ink taking my color scheme from the new Fan Fair Designer Series Paper.  Finally I added doodling with a white gel pen to highlight the design.

My second project is also a collage but this time in 3D.
The clocks are stamped on vellum-- the watch body is done with pewter embossing powder and face with Black Staz-On ink.  I cut them out layered them with elements cut from the Fan Fair Designer Series Paper in and on a shadow box.
For my final project I wanted to make a more realistic pocket watch that pulls out of a shirt pocket.
To make the watch, I layered three circles of Shimmery White cardstock together with ModPodge (the top circle was stamped with the clock face) then coated it with Crystal Effects.  Once it was dry, I mounted this on a heat embossed watch body.  The insert in the pocket is cut from the Fan Fair paper and also pulls out so you can write a message on it.

Thank you for stopping!  You may continue the hop in either direction as we are all linked in a circle. You can go backwards to see Mickey's lovely Layered Label projects


or forward Paula's pretty Moving Forward projects!

Also below is complete list of the projects.... you will want to see them all!

1) Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- Chock-Full Of Cheer -- Stamp A Little Longer
2) Kim (s1itcher46) -- For the Birds -- Stitchin n Stampin' on Paper
3) Adriana (escape2stamp) -- Two by Two --escape2stamp
4) Carmen -- Blast Off -- Stamping Addiction
5) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Bug Me -- Lily's Ink Pad
6) Heidi (hlw966) -- The Great Outdoors --RunningwScissorsStamper
7) Tanya (tanya27) -- Serene Silhouettes -- Tinkerin In Ink with Tanya
8) Debra (WebDeb) -- Fine Feathers -- Heartfelt Inkspiration
9) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Horse Frontier -- The Stampin' Bunny
10) Yapha -- A Fitting Occasion -- Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha
11) Mickey (MickeyRoberts) -- Layered Labels -- Paper Conversation
12) Betty (kittystamp) -- Clockworks -- Kitty Stamp
13) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Moving Forward -- Stampin' with Paula

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful ways to use this set. The grunge card alone makes me want this set for all the teens and tweens in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your 3-D Collage! Just beautiful! And the pocket watch card is just adorable. A great Father's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, that shadow box is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous projects! That first collage card is absolutely striking, and I adore the pocket watch! Thanks for another great blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OhMyWoW! Betty, you never let me down with you talent. That first card is a knock out and the shadow box unique, but I love the last card for Father, out of the ballpark! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, I love the watch card--it looks real, the collage is amazing and a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creativity knocks me over! I don't know which project I like best, but the shadow box is calling my name ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!! I want the collage and the pocket watch card! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful ideas! I love this set but was unsire what I'd do with it. The watch pocket is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects, Betty! I love the collage box, and that pocket watch card is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all amazing. But I love your pocket watch card the best. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! I love that shadow box!!! And your pocket watch is gorgeous! The crystal effects face and the silver embossed case really make it pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post. I love this card. Thank you so much share this post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Betty, your projects look truly amazing! That first card is especially striking - love the colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great projects!! I love them all! The bright card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a great post. i love it. Thanks for sharing important post with us.

    ReplyDelete