The remaining techniques are ones frequently done with traditional stamps. Doing them with MDS is simple and not really anything new-- just a fun variation. Unlike traditional stamps with MDS you can vary the size of stamped images, get different color variations and save your projects so you can make them again!
Hand Embossed Luminary:
|Finished MDS page|
1. Open an 8-1/2" X 11" blank landscape project.
2. Add the little girl stamp. Resize to approximately 1-3/4" high. Change to a dark color.
3. Add the branch stamp. Resize to approximately 3" high. Change color. Copy, paste and mirror image the stamp. Position on either side of the girl.
4. Add any other images for other projects and print on Vellum cardstock.
5. Flip the cardstock over and lay it on the piercing pad. Use the score tool to indent some of the flowers.
6. Cut the cardstock to 3-1/2" X 11". Join in a circle and adhere with Sticky Strip. I put mine on a glass candle holder but this works as stand alone luminary as well. (Use a battery operated candle.)
Faux Shadow Stamped Card:
|Finished MDS page (for two cards)|
2. Add as a page layer a dark color.
3. Reduce the opacity to 60.
4. Add the little girl image. Resize to approximately 2-3/4" tall.
5. Use the color picker to change the color of the image to the same as the background. (Your image will disappear.)
6. Add a drop shadow. (I used the default settings.)
7. Copy and paste if you are making multiple cards.
8. Print on Vellum card stock.
9. Die cut with the 5th (counting from the smallest to largest) Ovals Collection Framelit.
10. Place the largest smooth oval framelit extending over the folded edge of Whisper White cardstock as shown. Run through the Big Shot.
12. Layer a piece of heart printed Gold Fancy Foil Vellum on Whisper White cardstock. Diecut both pieces with the largest scalloped and the third oval frame lit. Use mini glue dots under the hearts to adhere the two pieces together.
|Pieces ready to assemble|
13. Wrap Gold Baker's Twine around the outer frame three times on each side. Use regular tape on the back of the frame to secure.
14. Layer the card front and frame with the vellum image in between.
15. I added a liner for the envelope cut from Fancy Foil Vellum with the Envelope Liner Framelit.
Digital Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Cardstock: Vellum Cardstock, Whisper White, Gold Fancy Foil Vellum
Accessories: Mini Glue Dots, Gold Bakers Twine
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits, Envelope Liner Framelits
Tools: Piercing Mat, Stylus