My goal was to come up with a non-holiday card using this stamp set. I was also curious what the coordinating Tree Punch would look like if the points were placed tip-to-tip. My end result was a color wheel card. I thought this would be fun for the art-loving friends in my life.
- Lay out nine stamp pads and a Stampin' Scrub.
- Stamp the stylized tree image nine times on Whisper White cardstock cleaning the stamp between each color.
- Punch each tree with the Tree Punch. Trim away the trunk.
- Adhere the images tip-to-tip on a folded Whisper White cardstock base with the bottom of one tree at the fold line.
- Trim the cardstock base to create the shaped card.
- Color the sentiment with markers starting with the lightest colors and slightly overlapping the adjacent color. Stamp on Whisper White cardstock.
- Diecut the sentiment and a piece of Basic Black cardstock with the heart from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit set.
- Add a "bow" of Baker's Twine.
|The tree in the upper right is the one that I used|
|This way to Nikki's blog|
|This way to Bronwyn's blog|
Stamps: Festival of Trees, Work of Art
Paper: Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Watermelon Wonder, Real Red, Melon Mambo (both ink pads and markers)
Big Shot: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits (for the heart)
Accessories: Baker's Twine Combo Pack