Welcome to the Inky Friends Suite Designs Blog hop! We have a quick little hop for you showcasing some of the pretty coordinated suites from the annual Stampin' Up catalog. Inky Friends also hosts design challenges. Click on the banner below to go our website where we have a complete list of designers and challenges.
Both Yahpa and I are showing off the super cute Animal Expedition suite. It is so cute that we are doubling the fun on this one!
With school just around the corner I chose to make a little back-to-school combo.
|The animals are just waiting to be colored with new back-to-school crayons!|
|A small composition notebook inked with tropical shades from the In-Color collection.|
|Corner bookmarks made from Stampin' Up Medium Envelopes.|
|2" x 8" cello bags filled with yummy tropical dried fruit.|
(Each project is simple to do... if you would like step-by-step how-to's scroll to the bottom of the post for pictures and directions. )
To continue hopping and to see more Suite Designs please click on the buttons below:
|This way to Rhonda's Delightfully Detailed projects.|
|This way to Yapha's fun Animal Expedition projects.|
Stamps: Animal Expeditons
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock
Ink: Pineapple Punch, Grapefruit Grove and Call Me Clover Classic Ink Refills, Un-inked Stampin' Spots, Black Archival Ink
Accessories: Medium Whisper White Envelopes, 2" X 8" Cello Bags
Big Shot: Animal Friends Thinlits
Non- SU: Post-It note paper
To make the notebook cover:
1. Cut the paper 1/2 inch smaller than the cover of the notebook. Round two of the corners with a scissors. (The notebook I used was 5" X 7". The paper was cut 4-1/2" X 6-1/2".)
2. Stamp animals in Basic Black Archival Ink.
3. Use the coordinating Animal Friends Thinlits to cut masks from Post-it note paper. Cover the stamped animals with the masks.
4. Using Classic Ink Refills (Call Me Clover, Grapefruit Grove and Pineapple Punch) add ink to Un-inked Stampin' Spots.
5. Stamp randomly on the paper using the Call Me Clover Stampin' Spot.
6. Stamp in between with Grapefruit Grove.
7. Fill in the remaining area with Pineapple Punch.
8. Remove the masks and the animals reappear!
To make the bookmarks:
1. Cut the bottom two corners of a medium envelope on 45 degree angles using a Stampin' Trimmer.
2. Adhere animals that have been stamped and cut with the matching thinlits.
To make the ombre treat topper:
1. Ink the "Wild about you" stamp with the Pineapple Punch Stampin' Spot.
2. Touch a few areas with the Grapefruit Grove Stampin' Spot.
3. Add tiny touches of Call Me Clover ink. (A little goes a long way!)
4. Stamp in center of a 2" X 2-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp around the edges with the Stampin' Spots.