Sunday, December 5, 2010

Petal Cone Candy Dish

My shipment of new goodies arrived yesterday!  I had been thinking about this project from the time I saw the new petal cone die in the Occasions Mini. Today I got a chance to make it.
I cut eight pieces with the petal cone die and cut them down.  After assembling the boxes I mounted them on a square of cardboard cut from the backing of the Designer Series Paper pack.  
Here is a brief tutorial of how I cut the pieces.  This is what the petal cone piece looks like.
 I located the score lines as marked above and measured up 1-1/4".   Then made the indicated cuts.
    Each box requires two pieces, so I cut eight pieces (four from each of two different patterns of paper.)
I mounted each box on a 2-1/4" X 2-14" square of cardstock to stabilize it before securing the four boxes to a 5 x 5 square of cardboard.

Not wanting to waste the portions that I cut away, I made the leftover pieces into four table favors.

For all of these projects it is best to use sticky strip to make a strong bond.
These are a perfect size for small candies such as Rolos or Hershey's Kisses.  The Candy Cane Kisses are just so cute (and yummy too!)


2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! Love the candy dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, tfs this is a great way to make a box and use the cone. I just added this die to my order!

    ReplyDelete