Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cannery Set Halloween Projects

Finally!  A chance to stamp!   I have had the idea for these little halloween candy treats for a month or two.  Now that halloween is just a few days away it was now or never!
When I get a new product, I love to try to find unusual ways to use them.  The ghosts, skulls and pumpkins are made with the Cannery Set Framelits.  Now the Cannery Set is made to coordinate with Perfectly Preserved stamp set which has a jam jar theme with fruit and corn.   Here a few stamps in that set. 
This photo shows the framelits positioned over the stamps ready to run through the Big Shot
and here they are after die cutting.
As I was looking the shapes of the framelits, I began to see how they could be used as halloween cutouts as well.  The apple became a pumpkin, the pear flipped upside down became a skull and the corn became a little ghost by cutting off the base.  
The stick-on googlie eyes in the Holiday Mini were the perfect size for their faces.   I drew eyebrows, eyelashes and other facial features with Stampin' Markers.  I had fun coming up with different expressions.
Rolo candies are just the right size to make these into yummy little treats.
For the card, I added the bat from the Googlie Ghouls stamp set and some crossbones.   

The crossbones are punched with the Modern Label punch and then trimmed a bit on the sides.
Sure feels good get the creative juices flowing again!


1 comment: