Saturday, November 23, 2013

Blossom Punch Christmas Tree

I have always loved tiny things.  I remember watching as my grandpa built my wooden doll house.  I spent hours decorating it with bits of paper, fabric and yarn.  I had a box for a bed with a scrap of pretty fabric for the bedspread.   My mom helped my sew a tiny pillow with a pillowcase.   I cut pictures from magazines to hang on the walls, crocheted little rugs for the floor and even rolled a miniature roll of toilet paper for the bathroom.

This miniature Christmas scene (my design project for the Knock Out Punches session of UStamp) would have fit the living room perfectly.
I was looking for a pretty color combo to use for this and settled on Crisp Cantaloupe, Raspberry Ripple and Gumball Green found in the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper.   The tree is covered with Blossom punches and topped with a Raspberry Ripple bow.  The door with a festive wreath could also be used as a card front.  I especially like the tiny wallhanging and presents (one is a gift bag!)  Guess I haven't really grown up!

The coordinating card has a Santa owl peeking out of a wreath.
A full tutorial for this project is available by joining UStamp with Dawn and Friends Knock Out Punches. 



No comments:

Post a Comment