Friday, January 17, 2014

Woven Fabric Basket

My good friend Kathy and I occasionally take a class together at a local quilt shop.  We enjoy talking and catching up as we sew and I at least seldom finish my project in class.    I finally did manage to finish this basket so I could give it as a gift to my sister-in-law.  
It only took a few minutes to put the final touches on.  Not sure why I waited so long!  It is made with the now retired Springtime Vintage fabric and some additional ivory material.  

The pattern is from Aunties Two and is called the Biscuit Basket (#AT-208) and can be seen on this site:  http://www.auntiestwo.com/pattern.html   (Scroll down near the bottom to see the pattern.)  This is a wholesale company so the pattern needs to be purchased elsewhere.   I purchased my pattern at my local quilt shop.  

I did modify the pattern a bit.  The original pattern has a small binding at top.  I made mine a bit wider, sewed a small hem on one side then sewed it on from the inside and folded it over the outside.

6 comments: