Sunday, August 17, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Daydream Medallions Edition

Welcome to the Stamp Review Crew's blog hop!  This time the Daydream Medallions stamp set is in the spotlight.  This beautiful stamp set has been around for awhile but we are here to show you some updated ideas for using it!

Even though it is warm it is not too early start Christmas crafting!  My thinking is if I get a few holiday things done now I will be ahead of the game for once!!

For my project I combined the Daydream Medallion stamp set with a couple of new products from the upcoming Stampin' Up! 2014 Holiday catalog to make an ornament.  

I first stamped the medallion image five times and die cut them with concentric circle framelits.  The resulting circles are folded in half and glued back to back.  The tree in the center is made with the new Tree Punch.  Five trees are folded and suspended on a transparent thread so it spins around and two pieces of handcut DSP are attached to the thread at the bottom.

This really was pretty quick to make (minus the drying time).  I filmed my FIRST video tutorial if you would like to see more details of how it is made.



Now for more ideas using this super stamp set please click on the buttons below.  The next button will take you to Beth's blog and her fun projects and the previous button will take you to Ann's blog for another Christmas idea!


Supplies: 
Paper:  Whisper White cardstock, Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Daydream Medallions
Ink: Garden Green Classic
Punches: Tree Punch
Big Shot: Circle Collection Framelits
Other: Tombow Adhesive, monofilament thread

18 comments:

  1. So clever, Betty! What a fun way to use the stamps! Beautiful work on this ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Betty, that is so clever! What a gorgeous ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, that is so clever! Great way to think out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Betty! You are so creative and have outdone yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty Christmas ornament. I can see I will have to make one of these. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your ornament. I tried to watch the video, but it was listed as "private." I know that can be changed by you, but I have no idea how. Thanks for sharing your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I changed the setting.

      Delete
  7. great project. would love to view your video but it's set to "private'? are you intending this to be viewed by a select audience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully I have it correct now!

      Delete
  8. Hi Betty, I'm enjoying the hop today. But I use a kindle, and it doesn't recognize the link to your tutorial. I still can watch it if you'll tell me your you tube name. Then I can look for you there. Your project is a sweet little decoration. Thanks, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. Thank you for sharing. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, this is an amazing idea. Love your ornament! Great way to display is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love how you have made your ornament. Thanks for the video! I will have to bookmark it for when I have time to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable little ornament! Congrats on your first video too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your project is darling - great job thinking out of the box. And kudos to you for persevering with the video!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first video? Terrific! I love the ornament - such good use of the stamp set and framelits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. over at this website g0f47f7x06 louis vuitton fake replica radley bags l3e26n4n60 zeal replica bags reviews replica gucci y5u14v9m25 9a replica bags replica zara bags site web x4d85i4x50 best replica ysl bags

    ReplyDelete