Sunday, August 3, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Flower Patch Edition

Members of "The Crew" were excited to have been chosen to create projects for one of the display boards at the 2014 Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City which was held in mid-July.  We chose two stamps for our board: Lovely as a Tree and Flower Patch.  This current blog hop has all our Flower Patch projects. 

Several months ago I started creating animals with the Hamburger Box die and had thought a turtle would be cute.  As I was brain storming ideas for the Flower Patch set I realized the leaves could become flippers and a sea turtle was born.  The spotty Flower Patch images fit perfectly in the embossed hexagons to give this little gal some shell flair.
I guess I still had critters of some sort on my mind when I created my next card with this awesome little fellow.  
Finally, I used the flowers as.... flowers!    It is wonderful how all the images and framelit cutouts layer on one another.    The flower pot was made using the French Fry Box die.
From the side you can see that it is curved and mounted at the edges only to give some added dimension.

I had some pieces leftover from experimenting with layouts for the other projects.   They were too cute to throw away so I combined them to make a little Ghirardellie chocolate holder.
Here is a pic of the completed display board with all the super projects!
Thanks for stopping by!   To see all the Flower Patch beauties displayed please click on the buttons below to continue with the hop or you can click HERE to see the complete blog roll.  



Hamburger Box Sea Turtle
Stamps: Flower Patch
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Pistachio Pudding, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Pistachio Pudding
Big Shot: Hamburger Box Die, Flower Flair Framelits, Honeycomb Embossing Folder
Punches, ½” Circle, ¾” Circle, 1-3/4” Circle
Accessories: Chalk Marker, Tombo Adhesive

Awestruck Card
Stamps: Flower Patch
Paper: Park Lane Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight
Big Shot: Flower Flair Framelits, Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits
Punches, ½” Circle, ¾” Circle
Accessories: In Color Sequin Assortment, Tombo Adhesive,  Stampin Dimensionals


French Fry Flower Pot Card
Stamps: Flower Patch
Paper: Park Lane Designer Series Paper, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive
Big Shot: French Fry Bigz L Die, Flower Flair Framelits, Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits
Accessories: Fringe Scissors, Basic Rhinestones, Tombo Adhesive, Stampin Dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. The turtle is so stinkin' cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, Betty! Great job with all of these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Betty, that turtle is super cute! All of your projects are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable projects, Betty! I have been a big fan of all your hamburger box animals! The second card reminds me of a Sesame Street character. Your projects were all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects all...however, my most favorite is the hamburger box turtle...really fabulous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable projects!! I love all of them. I love the card that looks like little monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just get "warm fuzzies" looking at these projects ;) That is what your second card reminds me of, lol! Your box sea turtle is adorable, now I think I really must have the hamburger die and the fry box die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, what a bunch of cute little projects. You certainly show how versatile this set is. My favorite is the Chocolate holder - it's not as good as my hand, but pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am interested in knowing how to make the Halloween mini album with the glassine bags. Where are you in relation to Alma, MI? michellemallett@wowway.com Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative, Betty! I always love your take on different sets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - out of the box for sure. Love your creations! I think you first card is my favorite! Reminds me of a video game! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely and creative artwork! Great Job =)

    ReplyDelete