Friday, August 29, 2014

Stampin' Addicts Fall Holiday Blog Hop


The 2014 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog has just been released and our demonstrator group at Stampin' Addicts have been planning and prepping projects using a great selection of the new fall products!  And just a heads up... we have another hop in the works for the winter products.  There were just too many fun things to jam into one hop!!

This catalog has a big selection of stamp and framelit sets.   I have many on my wish list but the Fall Fest Bundle was at the top with its adorable ghosts and jack-o-lanterns.

My plan was to do three projects-  one using the stamps and framelits together, one with just the stamps and one with just the framelits.  As you will see by the end I got a bit distracted and didn't quite follow the plan but that is part of the fun of stamping... you never know just what the finished project will be until it is done!

First up is a playful little ghost who has snitched a witch's broom and is frolicking and creating mischief.  He is stamped in silver metallic ink to match the broom and details on the basket.

The basket is made with three pillow boxed from the Little Sumthin' Sumthin' Simply Created Kit.   The fringed silver paper and stick for the broom also are from the kit.   I missed this in the photo but the handle has the candy corn patterned paper from the Motley Monsters DSP on it.

Next, this card uses the stamps alone.  Colorful not-so-very spooky faces surround the center image which is from another new stamp set called Mingle All the Way.
Finally I was planning this last card to be a framelit only project.  I used the framelits to create masks for sponging the pumpkins and was thinking I would make a more realistic type scene.  But I love those happy little faces so much I couldn't resist using them again!
Now it is time to hop to more fabulous fall projects whether that is back to Twila's magnificent Motely Monsters projects or forward to Holly's happy Halloween Street projects.  




11 comments:

  1. Betty, these are fabulous! I love that scary faces card -- too cute! You've given me some great ideas for this set. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bucket, and the spooky screamy card and the pumpkin card. I just love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the projects are wonderful. I love the basket idea from the boxes and the little mischievous ghost. The sponged pumpkins are amazing. Cool idea with to create masks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so completely adorable!~your ghosty basket is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! Love the bucket and the masked card especially, but they are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to cute! I love the first project what a great idea and another use for that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute projects! Love the "spooky" faces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how sweet are those little sponged pumpkin faces! I loved how the honey-colored card stock peeked through. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, I love the little broom the ghost is on and the little basket you made from the treat box kit. I think your second project (card) has got to be my favorite because it's a happy halloween card.:) Happy haunting my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that little ghost go! That broom is so cute :) And I can see why you needed to keep uses that happy faces, they are adorable. Those sponged pumpkins are great too. So many great ideas in one stop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!! Such fun projects. I like how you used the faces to create the background for the middle card. Such cheerful colors. Great to send a young trick or treater!

    ReplyDelete