Sunday, July 19, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Watercolor Wings

Welcome to the newest edition of the  Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop.    Watercolor Wings is our featured stamp set for this round.  With every new catalog there is usually one stamp set that really stands out to me as a favorite and Watercolor Wings was it for me this time.  If it is not already one of your favorites I am sure it will be after you see the projects the Crew have created!

My card this time has a Clean & Simple front
with a surprise pop-up on the inside.

I am rather excited about the pop-up mechanism.  It is super simple!  I enjoy figuring out alternative ways to use products-especially dies and framelits.  I often think I am more logical than artistic when it comes to crafting.  My background is science and math...can you tell?  :)

Here is a side view of the pop-up.
I did make video for this card as it is easier to demonstrate than explain.  This is only my third video and it has been so long since my last one that I completely forgot how the editing software works!  I fumbled my way through so please excuse all the flubs.



Thanks for joining us today!  Please click on the links below to see more wonderful Watercolor Wings creations!


  
This way to Dawn Tidd's blog




 
This way to Mike Funke's blog
  
Supplies:
Stamps: Watercolor Wings Photopolymer
Cardstock:  card base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock 5-1/2" X 8", scored at 4-1/4"
                   front layer: Whisper White Cardstock 4" X 5-1/4"
                   scraps: Whisper White, Blushing Bride
Ink: Classic Ink-Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder   Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Write Marker
Framelits:  Cutie Pie, Bold Butterfly
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig
Accessories: White 5/8" Organza Ribbon

16 comments:

  1. Totally my kind of card! I LOVE this pop-up! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! Nice surprise when you open it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Beautiful surprise inside! Very clever. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Betty! The front is beautiful and so sweet but the inside is so much fun!! Love your pop-up and I'll be back to view your video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Betty! This is stunning and you are a genius! Thank you so much for the wonderful video too, I want to go make one right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius Betty. What a beautiful surprise for the recipient! Thanks for sharing the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that! What a great way to create a pop-up effect...Well done Betty, thanks for sharing the tutorial..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool and beautiful!!! I love it the pop-up just stunning. Thanks for sharing the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Betty! So unique and creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, this is so stinking' clever. I love it! My mind is racing on other possibilities by your inspiration. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Great additional use of thinlits. You are soooo clever! Your video was very good and I really want to give this card a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is Gloria, could you please send this video to gsperring@yahoo.com? I can't watch it now and don't know how long before I can. But thank you so much, I really love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Betty this is AMAZING! I love how your creative mind works and will be making one of these cute pop up cards for sure. Thanks for making the video to share.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool, Betty! I love how your mathematical mind works!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, how fun is that! I love that you kept the front simple because it really adds impact to that pop up butterfly!

    ReplyDelete