Friday, August 20, 2010

Playing with Waffle Paper

The new Holiday mini has SO MANYwonderful products I felt like a kid in the candy store picking out new things to try.  One of the most intriguing is the Waffle Paper.  I have been playing around with it to see just what it is like.  There are two different assortments.  I have the one that includes Early Espresso and Basic Black.   It is crinkly like crape paper but stronger and not stretchy.  One side is dull and the other is slightly shiny.  It is quite strong for tying bows but will rip if too much pressure is used.
On this baby card, I used it in a variety of ways.  It is wonderful for pleating a ruffle.  I cut a strip about three times longer than the length of the card.  After putting a strip of sticky strip on the wide striped ribbon I pleated the waffle paper, pressing it along the top edge as I went.

For the large button, I cut multiple thin strips of the paper and used sewing thread to tie them together.  It was easiest to make them longer than I wanted and then trim them to size once I had them sewn to the button.

The smaller buttons are threaded with a very thin piece of the waffle paper that I twisted until it was very tiny.  I was surprised that it was strong enough to be able to gently tie a knot in it without tearing.
The waffle paper can be cut with the Big Shot dies.  The rick rack on this Thank You card is cut with the Tasteful Trim XL Bigz die.  The crinkles will be slightly flattened after being pressed in the die cut machine but still have really cool texture.

On the side is a simple knot.  The paper is easy to tie and holds its shape well.

I am working on more projects with different ways to use this paper and will have more to share in a few days.

Also I will be participating in Stampin' Addicts Blog Hop which is Friday, August 27 to Sunday, August 29.  All new products from the Holiday Mini will be featured so you will not want to miss that.  I will be featuring the oh-so-pretty new fabric.  I cant wait to see the other designer's creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment