Friday, January 31, 2014

Sale-A-Bration 2014 Blog Hop

Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration blog hop!  As you have been hopping along, I am sure you have been oo-ing and ah-ing over the great new products available.  Have you picked a favorite yet?   What?  You can can't choose just one you say?  Well I have a solution!   The One Big Sale-A-Bration Digital Ensemble has ALL the SAB stamp sets, the lovely Sweet Sorbet DSP AND an accessory pack too!  Woo Hoo!!

One of the best features of digital stamping is that you can change the size of the stamps.  Make them tiny or make them HUGE!  In the original See Ya Later stamp, the alligator is smaller than the words.  By cropping the stamp I was able to enlarge one part and make the other part smaller (and change the colors as well!)  This is the 5" X 3-1/2" tri-fold card from SU!'s print service which folds out to almost 15 inches.  A pretty good-sized gator!
You can also "paint" a picture digitally.  Later this week I will have a tutorial to show how I colored the outline flowers from the You're Lovely stamp set on this delicate card.
And if you like the look of embossing but don't have your Big Shot handy you can do that do with this ensemble too!  The light green Pistachio Pudding layer is "embossed" with the Decorative Dots stamp.  (You may need to click on the picture to enlarge it to see it.)  Make sure you don't miss this stamp set that comes with the download!   The other stamp set used here is Petal Parade.  The coloring tool was used to change the colors of the petals.
The above card is a hybrid.  It was printed on two halves of a card which I then cut up and reassembled with dimensionals.  The funky little bow is a bit of frayed Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon.

I don't know about you but I sometimes struggle to get my bows to lay right.  Well with a digital bow from the Accessory Cord Pack that is not a problem!  Also on this card I love how the Banner Blast stamps have the negative space for the words.  Layering it over the Sweet Sorbet DSP allows the paper to show through!
One more fun thing with this set...  the stamp can used to make a shaped card.    This would be really cool with an e-cutter but since I don't have one (yet!) I trimmed this one with my paper cutter.
Be sure to stop back later this week.  I will have details of how make each of these projects plus I have a few more variations to share too!  (Once I started with this set I didn't want to stop!)

Now it is time to continue with hop either backwards for more My Digital Studio inspiration from Debra as she shows us the Hooray for Parties Digital Ensemble or forward to Holly's Petal Parade projects.


Blog Hop Order:

1) Tanya (tanya27) -- Petal Parade -- http://tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com/
2) Heidi (hlw966) -- Sweet Sorbet DSP
3) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack -- The Stampin' Bunny
4) Tina (tina123) -- Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
5) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Good as Gold
6) Kim (s1itcher46) -- Banner Blast
7) Holly E. (HollyBeary Creations) -- Banner Punch -- http://www.hollybeary.com/
8) Paula (scrapshappen) -- You're Lovely
9) Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- Twisty Treats
10) Mary (nuhddad) -- Heartfelt 
11) Yapha -- See You Later
12) Debra (WebDeb) -- Hooray for Parties Digital Ensemble 
13) Betty (kittystamp) -- One Big Sale-a-Bration CD
14) Holly K -- Petal Parade

10 comments:

  1. Fun, fun projects! I love all you showed with MDS. The gator card and banner-shaped card are my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects! You really showed off the versatility of the digital and hybrid with this collection! Love that shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects! LOVE the gator card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all. I love the Banner Card. I have to try them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The projects are wonderful. Love the Hi card where the Designer Series Paper shows throw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another MDS Genius in the group. Love the "Love" card and how you shaped it. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The lettered cards are wonderful, but what a super cute gator!!! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects!! I love that gator card that is way to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, what super projects! I need some MDS lessons! The Alligator card is so cute, but I think my favorite is the birthday with the frayed ribbon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these.. that alligator is so cute! Great ideas with this download.

    ReplyDelete