Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Banner Blast Shaped Cards

Over the next three days I have series of mini tutorials detailing some of the techniques I used to make the My Digital Studio cards from the Stampin' Addicts Sale-a-Bration blog hop.  If you have not already gone through the hop, you will not want to miss it.  We have ideas for every single Sale-a-Bration product that is available!  So after you have checked out today's post you can click HERE to start the blog hop.

I have to say this is one of the simplest cards I have ever made but I think it is its simplicity that is so appealing.
To make it:
1.  Start with a blank 5" X 7" portrait card in My Digital Studio.
2.  Enlarge one of the Banner Blast digital stamps (found in the One Big Sale-a-Bration ensemble) so that it touches the top and sides of the card.
3.  Change the color of the stamp.
That is it!  Once the card was printed.  I used my paper cutter to cut away the bottom to make it a shaped card.

Here is another version with a different orientation:

I wanted one with the fold at the top so I started with the 6" X 6" card template.   This one required trimming at the sides as there was extra white space.
Prior to trimming
After trimming




















Here is one with the "Hi" stamp:
I add my blog and name to the back of cards.  Because of the cutout at the bottom that had to be a bit higher on this card.
I had multiples of these printed so I did a stepped-up version of each:
Bits of twine tied around DSP cut with the Tasteful Trim die

Gliiter paper hearts and Triangle Punch

Banner Punch and Itty Bitty Punch Pack punch
I can't decide which is my favorite, the simple versions or the stepped-up ones.  What do you think?  I would love your opinions!

3 comments:

  1. Love that these projects have the WOW factor, yet remain very simple! I'm new to MDS, will have to give these a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are BEAUTIFUL! I love the boldness of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty Bev from NZ - I am a demo and am addicted to MDS - I love what you have done with the banner card - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete