This is made with the Crazy Mixed Up Love digital stamp set and My Digital Studio. I had this professionally printed through Stampin' Up; I find the colors are truer and more vibrant than I can do on my home printer. Because I wanted this to be a shaped card I needed to choose the 6"X6" card style which has the fold at the top.
Also I used retro-looking Green Galore which is a retired color. The nice thing about My Digital Studio is it has all the retired colors so you have a large color palette. Notice I have a punched heart in Green Galore on the candy bar to match? Here is a nifty little trick.... use the extra space at the side to add swatches of color for punching!
Here are step-by-step directions:
1. Start with a blank 6 X 6 square card.
2. Add the lava lamp stamp and stretch it so it touches the top and bottom of the page.
3. Use the coloring tool to "paint" the elements. (I used Concord Crush, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore.)
4. Add the sentiment at the side and color.
5. Add two square punches at the side. Fill with Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise to be used for punching.
|Showing the card on the fold|
6. With the card folded, cut through both layers along the side outlines. (I left a tiny border of white.)
|Cut card open|
The finished card:
I cut the sentiment with the Paper Trimmer and put it on a candy bar wrapped with Wisteria Wonder card stock and a bit of Melon Mambo taffeta ribbon. I used the retired Hearts Trio punch for the hearts.