Friday, February 28, 2014

Fifty Nifty Sketch Challenge

Negative thirteen degrees tonight!   BRR!!  With all the frigid weather I decided to work on a layout with pics of our warm weather Florida vacation last year.  Just looking at them is encouraging!
This also fit perfectly with the current MDS Monday sketch challenge to use a map plus an arrow or chevrons.  (This is my first time participating in this challenge--thank you design team!!)
For my take on the layout I put things at wonky angles to reflect the idea of self expression.  Our family has a collection of strong individual personalities!   When I saw the Be Yourself digital kit I knew it would be perfect for our family with the tie-dye like papers and retro looking elements.  

One fun thing about this page that I had not tried before is attaching text to a punch shape.  See how the words fit nicely inside the state of Florida?  Super simple to do!   Holly Lindford from Stampin' Up has a nice video that shows how to do it.

My Digital Studio Supplies: Fifty Nifty Kit, Be Yourself Kit, Game Day Kit (arrow)

4 comments:

  1. How fun and carefree to use the Be Yourself kit for the page! A great match for the tie-dye t-shirt. Thanks for stopping in and joining MDS Monday this week, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super page, Betty! Love all your colourful papers - especially how they're stacked up! Glad that you joined us at MDS Monday - hope you join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great page! I love the elements you've used and the fun and bright colours! Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is bright and fun and your photos look really nice with the colors and papers you've chosen. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete