Sunday, April 20, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Six-Sided Sampler Edition

HAPPY EASTER and welcome to the Stamp Review Crew's latest blog hop.  Our stamp set this time is the super trendy Six-Sided Sampler.  You can click HERE for the complete blog roll or follow the links at the bottom of the page to hop from blog to blog.

My card is pretty traditional on the outside but has a BIG surprise on the inside!
When first opened it looks like this:
As you follow the bee and unfold the paper it opens up.  I guess this could be called a Hexagon Explosion Card.  I saw a journal that folded up like this and thought it would work as a card style as well.  

The little bee winds in and out of stamped and heat embossed images from the Six-Sided Sampler

until it reaches the sweet center greeting.

I used MDS to create the base.  Starting with a hexagon punch in the center of the page I copy and pasted punches and placed them at each side of the center hexagon.  I left a very tiny margin in-between each hexagon to use as a guide for cutting.

I wanted this one to be a big as possible so I filled a 12" X 12" page (making sure not to go into the bleed area) and had it printed through Stampin' Up's printing service.    Once it arrived, I cut around the outside edges and then cut on the inside lines as shown:
This could be made smaller and printed at home.  Wouldn't little 3" X 3" love notes be adorable with an explosion center??

Once everything is cut, accordion fold the paper.  Starting with the center hexagon fold it over and align it with the adjacent hexagon.

Continue accordion folding around the circle.  Flip the whole thing over so the first fold is on the bottom and adhere to the inside of the card.
Now it is time be on your way as you hop along the bunny trail.  Click on the buttons below to continue.   Thanks for stopping by!


 http://tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com/tiddbits-from-dawn/2014/04/the-stamp-review-crew-six-sided-sampler-edition.html   


14 comments:

  1. Amazing! How much fun will someone have when they receive this card. I love how the hexagons are randomly placed around the explosion…just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is just so clever! What a very fun card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just so clever, Betty! I always love seeing what you will come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's incredible!! What a brilliant idea! And so pretty, too. You have really outdone yourself this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always come up with something clever. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute. What a fun card to get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular! I wanted to pin this to my cards to make page. But couldn't find a place to do it. So I'm following you by email so I can come back. I just love how you laid it out. Thanks for sharing. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Betty - how creative and fun. Great motion and color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW and awesome!! This is such a fun and neat idea!!! Your so creative!

    ReplyDelete