RESIZING THE OWL: The pieces of the owl punch are each separate so color or paper can be added to each. When I want to change the size of the owl I have found it easiest to double click on each piece to bring up the "object settings" function and with "keep proportions" box checked I change the size of each piece by a multiple of the length or width.
For example if I want the pieces to be 4 times the original size, I take the height (22) and multiply by 4 to get the resized number (88).
I do this for each piece of the owl as I am adding it and then all the pieces are perfectly sized.
MAKING SNOW: To make the snow drifts at the bottom of the page, I resized a square punch to make a rectangle at the lower edge of the page and filled it with whisper white. Then I added a "hand-torn" stamp from the Torn Edge stamp set, flipped it over and filled it with whisper white.
For those who are interested here is the step by step tutorial to make this layout. I made this 12 X 12 but you could adjust it to whatever size you choose.
1. Open a New Project - Photo Album- 12 X 12 - Create Your Own- Name Your Project.
2. Choose the 1.25 Square Punch and stretch it to cover the entire page. Paper fill with DSP from the Elegant Soiree' download. Reduce the opacity to 50.
3. Add the 1.25 Square Punch and stretch it to form a rectangle at the bottom of the page. Fill with Whisper White.
4. Add the Hand Torn stamp, flip and fill with Whisper White.
5. Add the line of circles for the owl to sit on. It is found in the embellishment section of Christmas Cocoa - Elements.
6. Add and resize the owl pieces. (Quadruple the size for a 12 X 12 layout.) Fill with Soft Suede for the body, Christmas Cocoa DSP for the belly, Whisper White, Baja Breeze and Black for the eyes.
7. For the hat, add a Full Heart Punch, enlarge and flip. Color Fill with Real Red.
8. Add a Modern Label Punch, enlarge and fill with Whisper White.
9. Add two snowflake punches and fill with Whisper White.
10. The tree and gift are stamps from the Calendar Basics set -colored Soft Suede and Real Red, respectively.
11. The sentiment is from A Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp set and colored with Soft Suede.