Monday, January 3, 2011

25,000 Blog Visits and Sweet Stitches Pincushion Tutorial

On New Years's Eve morning my blog counter was at 24,448 visits.  Only 552 to reach 25,000!  I was pretty amazed as I started this blog only one year ago.  So I began a New Years Eve count down of my own.  I wanted to see if it would reach 25,000 by midnight.   I checked several times through out the day and YES!  it did reach 25,000 around 9PM.  Some watch for the ball to drop; I was watching for the counter to go up!   By midnight it was at 25,218.  Happy New Year!!    

Now for some stamping stuff....  I have the directions for making the pincushion that was part of the weekend's Blog Hop. You can see the gift set in yesterday's post.
 1.  Cut a piece of fabric using the Scallop Circle die.
2.  Using small straight pins, attach the fabric to a 2 1/2 inch styrofoam ball pleating the edges as you go.
3.  Add pins around the entire circumference.
4. Use the Perfect Setting die to cut a piece of Early Espresso cardstock.  Apply Sweet Stitches rub-ons.  Adhere Melon Mambo Pom Pom trim to bottom edge.
5. Join with Sticky Strip.  Using a hot glue gun adhere the styrofoam ball inside.
6. Hot glue the pincushion to a base of purchased pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment