Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hybrid Cards for Cancer Center

These are cards made for the cancer center at our local hospital using images from the Strength and Hope digital stamp set.
For printing at home I like to use either Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock as it is a nice weight to feed easily through my printer and the inks show up nicely.

For this card, I put a white square punch behind the blue images so that I could add a mat.  Even though I was printing on Very Vanilla paper I filled the punch with Whisper White so that the printer would not add any ink in that space.  I was able to put 12 images on one sheet and then cut them out.
For this Crumb Cake card, I spaced the images further apart so I could punch them with the 2-1/2" circle punch.
Here are the details if you care to reproduce these:
1. Resize butterfly to width 132.
2. Resize words to width 140.
3. Resize the square punch to width 155, fill with Whisper White and add a size 6 mat.  Send the punch to the back.
4. Use the align functions to make sure they are perfectly centered and then group together.
5.  Copy and paste images to put 12 on the page.

These images are the same size.  The punch and matting have been deleted and they are spaced further apart to allow for punching.

The card bases are Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake  5-1/2" X 8-1/2", scored at 4/1/4".  Seam binding in the coordinating colors is attached with sticky strip and the digital images are adhered on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment