The "Crew" is reviewing the very popular stamp set Work of Art for this edition. In fact this set is so popular I had to really stretch my creative muscles to come up with a unique idea. I had several things that ended up in the trash before I hit upon the idea of using one of the "color swishes" to create a camouflage pattern to pair with the For Your Country stamp set.
Tips for creating the camo background pattern:
- The card base and background are Very Vanilla cardstock.
- It is easiest to stamp a larger section of the background camouflage pattern, then trim to size for stamping.
- Use the larger "swish" image and stamp repeatedly.
- Start with the darkest color of ink. (Soft Suede). Stamp off once before stamping on the cardstock.
- Rotate the stamp to vary the pattern.
- Fill in with the medium (Crumb Cake) and light colors (Sahara Sand) also stamped off once leaving a bit of Very Vanilla showing through.
- Stamp the images from the For Your Country with Soft Suede (do not stamp off).
Stamps: Work of Art, For Your Country, Itty Bitty Banners, Just Sayin'
Paper: Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Linen Thread