Sunday, March 31, 2019

Stamp Review Crew: Apron of Love

Hello!  Stamp Review Crew members have a mini blog hop this session for the sweet stamp set Apron of Love.   We have a wonderful website with an archive of past hops that are chock full of inspiration.  You can access it by clicking on the banner below.
https://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2019/01/aol.html


I have two very different projects to share using the Apron of Love stamp set.

The first is inspired by the Retro Modernism style of art.  One of our past vacations was to Palm Springs and we really had fun going through the art galleries and stores.   I thought it would be fun to see if I could make something in this style with the rectangle stamp from the set.

Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Calypso Coral are the perfect retro color combo!
Since the stamps in this set are photopolymer I could see through the stamp to come up with an over-lapping pattern.   Then came the fun of choosing colors and filling in the spaces.  I love the way it turned out!

The second project is the one I had in mind when I bought this set.  My daughter is an AVID baker. She has a special notebook that she keeps with recipes that she has created or has adapted in her own way.  This notebook is a treasure-trove of goodness!  I wanted to make an insert for the front pocket to surprise her.


I gave it to her today and she was delighted!

This will go inside the clear pocket on the front of the binder
to keep it from getting splattered when the chef is at work!

I do not always buy the coordinating thinlit dies but for
this set it really is a must. The detail in the dies really enhance the stamps
and are so much more detailed than I could ever cut by hand.


I put the die on the gingham DSP at a 45 degree angle
 to create the bias pattern on the apron.

The little flowers are so darn cute!  I used the retired tee shirt die
--too perfect for this as she has a bunch of cooking tee shirts!
I love her little handwritten changes.   Her creations are amazing!!



So glad you could join us for our little hop today!  Please click on the links below to continue.
 
This way to Charlet's cute creation!



Or this way to Dawn's delightful projects!

Retro Card: 
Stamps: Apron of Love, Itty Bitty Greetings
Paper:  Whisper White, Pool Party and Calypso Coral Cardstock 
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black Archival, Stampin' Blends
Big Shot:  Sparkle Embossing Folder


Recipe Binder Cover:
Stamps: Apron of Love
Paper:  Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo and Petal Pink Cardstock. Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper 
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo Balmy Blue Classic Ink
Big Shot:  Layering Ovals Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Apron Builder Thinlits

2 comments:

  1. Great projects! Love how you made that retro card, colors and all. Very clever! I know your daughter will love that super cute recipe notebook cover insert, who wouldn't! Y Fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete