Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oodles of Owls

My new catalog order arrived today and I have been playing with the goodies.  First thing I chose to try was the owl punch and the Hostess DSP pack.
These little guys are adorable!  I have to warn you though the pieces are TINY and you will have an explosion of teeny little scraps everywhere!  I used tombow adhesive and tweezers to glue the eyes.  I had glue everywhere except where I wanted it.  As I was assembling the card, I could not find one of the 3-piece eyes.  It had been right there a second ago.  I looked everywhere and could not find it.  I was about to punch new pieces when I found it - stuck to my elbow!  Argh!!

I noticed the "tummy" piece looked interesting on its own so I started experimenting and came up with this medallion flower.  I "fussy punched" each piece by turning the punch over and lining up the design each time to get the same pattern on each petal.  By curving the pieces and then adhering them to a contrasting circle the center makes a very pretty design.  And the flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack is the exact match to the flower on the DSP border!  The Concord Crush Poly Twill ribbon is a rich dark purple - as yummy as it sounds.  The new half pearls and a double corner punch finished this off nicely I thought.
After I finished the other two cards there were a multitude of mini circles and hearts left over.  Not wanting to waste them I made this quick scrap card.  The background is stamped with the new Confetti mini set.

I LOVE the hostess DSP pack!!  I will be using every scrap of this to be sure.

7 comments:

  1. Those owls are adorable! Love the way you did the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the medallion flower you made from the Owl Punch - will have to order that one after all (not a big owl fan).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great medallion - would not have thought of that - but love those owls! Gonna be great for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my WORD these are adorable projects! I love your owls, the way you used your scraps, and the way you used your owl punch for the medallion! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the 'tummy piece' - so creative! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...LOL... the OWLS are too cute!!!!

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look at the medallion card twice to see why it was listed in my "owl punch" search :>) THEN it dawned on me you had used the "stomach" part of the owl. Very cool idea and beautiful results. TFS.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete