I hope you enjoyed the Big Shot Blog Hop over the weekend. Today I have the details of how to make this adorable little turkey.
Here are a couple side views to give an idea of the shaping and construction.
I made a little box with the Double Petal Card Punch and filled it with dried beans to give it weight so it stands up.
Spice Cake Designer Series Paper, Pool Party, More Mustard, Early Expresso, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock
Blossom Box Big Shot Die, Punches: Double Petal Card, 1-3/4" Circle, 2-1/2" Circle, Owl Builder, Bird Builder, 5 Petal Flower, Boho Blossom and Itty Bitty Punch pack.
1. From the paisley printed paper, die cut the tail using the Blossom Box Die.
2. Cut the two flaps off the bottom as shown. Snip between the notches, following the score lines, up to the first set of horizontal score line to form the feathers.
3. Snip the bottom flap in the center and fold on the score lines.
4. Crease on the lower score lines that form a half circle.
11. The hat is a 1-3/4 X 1-3/4" square of Pool Party cardstock with two sides cut at a slight angle. The brim is a thin strip 2-1/2" long.
12. The hat is decorated with a 1/2" wide strip of DSP and 3/4" X 3/4" More Mustard square. The stem is punched with the leaf of the bird punch and the flowers are punched from the Spice Cake DSP with the smallest flower of the Boho Blossom punch and the flower from the Itty Bitty punch pack. The eyes are punched with the Owl Builder punch.