Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Santa Paws Birthday Card

There are quite a few stamp sets with cats in the new catalog and of course most of them found there way onto my preorder.  The Santa Paws set will be so fun for Christmas projects but I wanted to see if it could be used for non-Christmas things as well.   I came up with this Birthday card.  The bright colors did the trick I think.

Also I wanted to use the Merry Music Speciality Designer Series Paper to go with the singing cats but it looks very Christmassy or at least wintery.  After looking at all the designs I chose one piece that has some snowflakes sprinkled about.   
I discovered I could hide the snowflakes under circles of cardstock.  The remaining designs look more like retro starbursts than snowflakes so that worked out great.

The Black and White Ribbon is new as well and really goes well with the primary colors.  

Stamps:  Santa Paws, Confetti Celebrations
Paper:  Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper, Real Red, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Basic Black Archival Ink
Markers: Real Red, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Going Gray and Crumb Cake
Big Shot:  Layering Circles Framelits
Punches: 1/4' Circle, 1/2" Circle
Accessories:  7/8" Basic Black Striped Ribbon, Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Inspired idea Betty... and lovely bright card too....

    ReplyDelete