Monday, August 15, 2011

Petite Pocket Hexagon Boxes with Triangle Box Inserts

OK- I really had fun coming up with this one....  triangle boxes nested inside a hexagon shaped box all made with the Petite Pocket die!!
And also another hexagon box with the tabs folded to the outside.

The directions for making the triangle boxes can be found in yesterday's post HERE.

The hexagon boxes are made like the one in THIS POST with a couple a small changes.  I put the fancy notched flaps at the top instead of the bottom.  On the blue and red box, I folded the flaps to the inside to help hold the triangle boxes in place and on the brown box I folded them to the outside and adhered them down.

Also very important for the blue and red box:  I scored the side flaps 1/4" from the outside edges and folded on that line before adhering the six sections together.  That made the box enough larger so that the triangle boxes fit inside.
These could be filled with treats and it would make a very nice gift.  What a fun way to use a variety of coordinating papers!  I found the triangle boxes work best with the lighter DSP.
Cardstock or DSP works well for the larger box.  The two sided paper is nice when the flaps are folded to the outside.
I used the Petite Pocket as an accent for the coordinating card.  The 3/8" Quilted Satin Early Espresso Ribbon looks great on a masculine card.
I have yet another idea for tomorrow using this die-- so stay tuned!  All my Petite Pocket tutorials can be found HERE.

12 comments:

  1. First off - I LOVE the kitties on your blog header (and the blog name). Second - WHY didn't you post these wonderful ideas before the end of July? I was debating about purchasing that die with my birthday discount from SU!, but I wasn't sure what I would use it for. Now I'll have to get it but pay our full price. :) (Actually thanks for sharing your great ideas! I'll be marking this to come back and make these when I order that die!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome projects!! I knew there would be lots of different ideas out there with our new dies and I love that about demonstrators!! I will be featuring the first project on this post on My Crafty Picks #30 with a link back to your blog on 8-21-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to pick up your blog badge for being featured too!!

    If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this box!! Fantastic use of the nautical paper (one of my personal faves!). Found you through Tiffany Bauer's "My Crafty Picks" post. Am following you now.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    www.thelogicalstamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty! This is awesome!! What a great idea! Hope you have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this was an incredibly nice post. Finding the time and actual effort
    to make a really good article… but what can
    I say… I put things off a lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    My blog post - microsoft registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post. Thanks for sharing this informative article. For more info about Triangle boxes click here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eco friendly hexagon boxes packaging can help you in several ways. Do you want your new bath fizzy to appear as surprising as possible?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was an informative and interesting article. I’m totally inspired. Keep it up. Today the packaging industry is evolving many other different businesses. Packaging is itself a whole new world. There is a great need of sturdy packaging that doesn’t hit the local community regarding global side effects. Therefore grab safe Custom Kraft Boxes at wholesale rates with free shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here are various ways to personalize custom triangle boxes. Using gold foiling, embossing, raised ink, and PVC sheeting, you can create a box that is unique to your business. If you're looking to get a little creative, you can use a window cutout to show off your logo or other important information. And if you're looking for a box that is durable and functional, there are also custom options available to enhance your logo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you’re thinking about using wholesale Kraft boxes for your small business, there are a number of benefits. Not only are these boxes cost-effective but they can also be customized to fit your products. This means you can save money on setup costs, expensive printing plates, and space-consuming steel dies. For more information visit here: How to Make the Best Use of Wholesale Kraft Boxes

    ReplyDelete