Thursday, April 15, 2021

3D Thursday Guest Designer

 

My wonderful friend Twila Davis from Stamp A Little Longer asked me to be a guest designer for her 3D Thursday feature.  How fun!!  The button below takes you Twila's blog with the PDF for this project.


 

 

My project is a cute Kitty Key Cover.  (How is that for alliteration!)   

One of my childhood pets was a lovely gray angora cat with a very original name- Smokey.  This kitty's happy expression reminds me so much of her.  I can imagine her rumbling contented purr.

 


Pull the charm to conceal the key. 


The diecut pieces are covered with transparent vinyl to protect it before stitching the front and back together.  I have a series of posts with projects using iron-on vinyl.  The vinyl has opened a new wave of ideas for me.   I have a video of vinyl basics and one coming soon for sewing zippered pouches.  I have few more ideas that I need a bit a of time to work on!

Links to those posts:

VINYL BASICS: Video and notebook

LANYARD SCISSORS HOLDER and PENCIL POUCH

COUPON HOLDER and other Pampered Pet projects  

ZIPPER POUCH VIDEO



Stamps: Pampered Pets
Paper:   Basic White Cardstock
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Stampin' Blends
Accessories:  Playful Pets Trims Combo Pack, Heart Charms
Tools: Stitched Nested Dies
Non SU:  Clear Iron-on Vinyl


1 comment:

  1. Betty, thanks so much for being this weeks guest designer for 3D Thursday. I love this project you created and can't wait to go by some of that iron-on vinyl and try this for myself. Crafty hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete