Sunday, January 31, 2021

Stamp Review Crew: Snailed It Edition

 

 

Hello and welcome to the latest Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop!   We are using one of my favorite products from the mini catalog this session.  The Snailed It stamp set is part of the Snail Mail Suite and it is all so fun!. 

Click here to see all the archived SCR blog hops!

 

 

For this card I adhered strips of varying widths of Snail Mail Designer Series paper to a piece of scrap cardstock.  Then cut it up and offset those strips on another piece of lightweight scrap paper for a bargello effect. 

TIP:  Use Adhesive Sheets to glue down the strips in the first step.  You want all those little itty-bitty pieces to be secure! 

The Happy Mail stamp on the envelope is inked up using individual Stampin' Write Markers
 

I used a "secret" bonus stamp from the set for the red background.  One of the stamps has an extra circle of rubber in the center that pops out.  I used that circle to make a tone-on-tone background.  I stamped Real Red ink off once on scrap paper to get a light image.

It is impossible not to smile when working with these cute images!


I also decided to make my own Happy Mail spot for organizing outgoing cards.  I have magnets in two places: the magnetic clothes pin at the top is really strong enough to hold it but I added a piece of magnetic sheet on the back for extra security. 

I paid attention to the mushrooms on the background piece when cutting to get them centered.
 


I created two accordion style pockets to hold the cards.


And added images cut from the Snail Mail DSP. 

Measurements for the organizer can be found at the bottom of this post.  Scroll down to see!

I'm so glad you have taken time to hop along with Crew!  Please click on the buttons below to see more cute Snailed-It creations!

 

This way to Kelly's cute creation!

 

This way to Lou's lively project!


Stamps:  Snailed It,  A Wish for Everything
PaperReal Red, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Basic White Cardstock, Snail Mail Designer Series Paper, Medium Envelopes
Ink:  Tuxedo Black Momento Ink, Basic Grey, Real Red, Burmuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker
Stampin' Blends:  Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Petal Pink 
Accessories:   Stampin' Dimemsionals, Playful Pets Ribbon Combo Pack, Resin Hearts
Punches: Heart Combo Pack
Big Shot:   Snail Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies    
 
   
Measurements and tips for the Snail Mail Organizer:
 
Background DSP:  7-1/2" (approximate) X 12"  (Mine is slightly smaller as I cut the paper to best show off the design.)  I also backed it with a slightly smaller piece of light weight cardboard that came from a pack of Stampin' Up Specialty Paper and added a piece of magnetic sheet to the back.

Accordion Pocket:  
Cut cardstock 6" X 6-1/2".  Score and fold in half at 3".
 
 
Cut two accordion side pieces 2" X 2-1/2".  Score at 1/2", 1" and 1-1/2".  

Accordion fold. 
 
Adhere accordions very close to the edges.  Pay attention to the direction of the folds.  The center folds on each side make a space for the cards to fit.



2 comments:

  1. Great projects! Love your mix of patterns on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh both are sooo cute! I love the outgoing mail holder and the card reminded my grandma with her quilts.

    ReplyDelete